- Alkyd paint is solvent borne and therefore flammable. Use mineral spirits to clean alkyd paint from your tools. Mineral spirits are flammable so wear gloves and eye protection, and a mask or respirator. Make sure the area is well ventilated. Set up three bowls or cans. The initial wash is done in the first can or bowl. Then, wash again in the second can or bowl. Use the 3rd can or bowl for the final rinse. This should ensure the brush is clean and without any residual paint.
- Mask any areas you don't want to paint, such as the inside of the drawers.
- Prime the bare wood with Grey Primer, and leave to dry.
- Apply your final colour using a smooth, even action for a professional finish. We used Gloss Medium Grey. Apply a coat of Satin Pastel Green to the label plates.
- When the plates and cabinet are dry, screw the plates into position. Replace drawers.
Note: Always follow usage instructions on the reverse of Valspar spray paint cans.